Saccharomyces boulardii, commonly referred to as S. boulardii, is a tropical species of yeast that was isolated from the lychee and mangosteen fruit in 1923 by French scientist Henri Boulard. Boulard first isolated the yeast after he observed natives of Southeast Asia chewing on the skin of lychee and mangosteen in an attempt to control the symptoms of cholera. In healthy patients, S. boulardii has been shown to be nonpathogenic and nonsystemic, meaning it remains in the gastrointestinal tract rather than spreading elsewhere in the body. S. boulardii is a strain of S. cerevisiae (baker’s yeast) and is sometimes used as a probiotic with the purpose of introducing beneficial microbes into the large and small intestines, and to support protection against pathogens. Today, supplemental Saccharomyces Boulardii is commonly used in acute gastrointestinal conditions helping to support intestinal health, travelers’ diarrhea, and antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) in adults and children.
- S. boulardii strain is Non-GMO Project Verified by Gnosis USA Inc., this supplement is under review for product Non-GMO verification.
- High potency at 5 billion viable cells per capsule guaranteed to expiration date.
- Contains 200mg of the prebiotic fiber, Fructooligosaccharide (FOS).
- Free of major food allergens; milk, egg, fish, shellfish, wheat, gluten, peanuts, soy, tree nuts.
- Used for its ability to support gastrointestinal health and occasional diarrhea.*
- May support the treatment of antibiotic-associated diarrhea in children and adults.*
- May support or lessen the duration of travelers’ diarrhea in children and adults.*
- May support the reduction in frequency of Clostridium difficile infection (C. diff).*
- May support the reduction of side effects of nausea and diarrhea from Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) eradication therapy.*
- May support the reduction of pathogenic bacteria from binding to the intestinal mucus.*
- Fructooligosaccharides act as fiber supporting the intestinal tract while functioning as a food source for S. boulardii.*
Warning: Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if outer seal is broken or missing. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. If you are currently taking prescription medication, you should consult your doctor before augmenting them with dietary supplements. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition, or suspect an undiagnosed symptom please consult your doctor before using dietary supplements.
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.